February 26-28, 2015
Download PDF Handouts from 2015 Summit
2015 Summit attendees can download the PDF handouts from the sessions here (the PDF files will be uploaded on each day when the summit starts):
February 26, 2015 - Perioperative Summit Handouts
February 27, 2015 - Perioperative Summit Handouts
February 28, 2015 - Perioperative Summit Handouts
The goal of this 3-day summit is to enable clinicians who are actively engaged in perioperative medical care to incorporate the latest findings from clinical research and recommendations from evidence-based guidelines into their practices so that they can improve the quality and safety of their medical care.
Course highlights include nationally renowned speakers, debates in perioperative medicine, Rapid Fire: evidence-based 10-minute consults, and an abstract/poster session.
Download the full program brochure HERE.
Internists, hospitalists, family practitioners, anesthesiologists, physician assistants, surgeons, certified nurse anesthetists, nurse practitioners and allied health professionals engaged in management of the perioperative patient.
Selected Learning Objectives
As a result of participating in this activity, participants will be able to:
- Review the goals of the Choosing Wisely Initiative as they relate to perioperative care
- Outline approaches to improving value when delivering perioperative care
- Demonstrate common preoperative endocrine problems using a case based approach
- Provide practice recommendations for management of the surgical patient with endocrine disease
- Highlight significant new literature in perioperative medicine
- Evaluate the impact of new literature on clinical practice
- Outline the principles of management of new and old antithrombotic therapies
- Review recent guidelines regarding preoperative evaluation prior to noncardiac surgery
- Apply available evidence as perioperative cardiovascular risk reduction strategies
- Outline perioperative challenges for the obese patient
- Review current literature on medical management of the obese patient
- Highlight controversial areas in the literature that commonly impact perioperative practice
- Review evidence regarding the utility of preoperative echocardiography in the preoperative setting
- Provide an introduction to Enhanced Recovery pathways
- Outline evidence based development of Enhanced Recovery pathways with an example
- Outline implementation strategies for clinicians wanting to establish enhanced recovery at their home institutions
- Describe the Perioperative Surgical Home concept
- Review the advantages and disadvantages of the Perioperative Surgical Home
- Illustrate how the Perioperative Surgical Home will impact the specialties currently involved in perioperative care
Rush University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Rush University Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE):
Rush University is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Rush University designates this live activity for 16.5 Continuing Nursing Education credits.
PT, OT, RT, SW, nutrition, speech-audiology, and psychology CE:
Rush University is an approved provider for physical therapy (216.00272), occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, social work (159.001203), nutrition, speech-audiology, and psychology by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation. Rush University designates this live activity for 16.5 Continuing Education credits.
Perioperative Summit Pre-Course:
Perioperative Focused Ultrasound: You Can Do It!
Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Time: 1pm - 5pm
Cost: THIS SESSION IS NOW FULL
Hands-on workshop allowing clinicians to practice ultrasound techniques on live models!
Why Perioperative TTE?
Very limited space! To participate in this activity, please add it to your registration as you register for the Perioperative Medicine Summit. For more information CLICK HERE.